People go through stages of life, and after a divorce, a person’s self-esteem can take a hit. Not only do they begin to feel physically unattractive but mentally and emotionally. Sure some of us need to work on a thing or two to look and feel our best, but it shouldn’t lead us to feel unattractive.
Reasons For Feeling Unattractive
The main reason for feeling unattractive is a poor self-image. We have just had a devastating blow (being alone after divorce) and find ourselves wanting to be desirable to others. We feel like we have failed in our marriage and family, we have lost our confidence, and we have been rejected. All these will affect how we view ourselves and need to be addressed. Of course, we should not run right out and start a new romance after divorce, but men and women that feel unattractive aren’t always looking to do that.
When it comes to beauty, it is but an illusion. Outward beauty fades, and some of the most desirable people wouldn’t make the top 10 of People’s Magazine Sexiest Men or Women list. I know when I am hanging out with a group of people the ones that I am drawn to are the ones with a positive attitude and a smile on their face. This has nothing to do with their outward looks. You can be drop-dead gorgeous but mix that with a bad attitude, and you quickly become unattractive.
How to Feel Attractive
There are many steps you can take to feel attractive. It is the ones on the outside that are easy; working on emotional and mental attractiveness can take a bit more work.
- Smile – smiling is one of the most important things that you can do to feel good inside and out. It is a people magnet!
- Dress Nice – go shopping and buy yourself a new outfit or dress shirt. Dress nicely wherever you go and try to look your best.
- Hygiene – bath often, shave, get a haircut, clip your nails, and so on.
- Exercise – exercising makes a person feel good, and it helps control weight. Another great way to help heal the inside and out.
- Lose Excess Weight – I dropped a few inches from the middle, and it made a big difference. I gained confidence in meeting my goals, and I looked better while feeling healthier. Plus, I did not feel so guilty for eating some of the foods I shouldn’t. I recommend Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. It covers everything you need to know, and it isn’t a quick fix… It is a lifestyle change. BTW – if you print it out it is over 300 pages.
- Build Self-Confidence – the main thing that attracts a woman to a man is self-confidence! When you build confidence in yourself, you don’t care what others think of you. Strive to be the person God sees you to be and accept His love and mission for your life. Remember you are a child of God, not a weakling. Deal with your emotional issues and believe in yourself.
Remember that you are your own worst critic so give yourself a break and just accept yourself for who you are (at least on the outside). Give yourself adequate time to deal with those issues on the inside that are unattractive.