Tips for Living the Life You’ve Always NOT Wanted
I’m always writing about how to live life to the fullest, heal from the past and find hope in the future but it dawned on me that some people may not want that. Instead, they find comfort in misery and to feel anything else would leave them out of sorts.
Living a wretched, miserable life is pretty easy. I’ve been down that road a few times and if you follow these simple steps, you can too.
- Compare yourself to everyone else. – It’s easy to compare yourself to everyone else and see how much better they have it than you. They have a nicer car, bigger house, more money, happiness, better job, power, perfect complexion, more hair, a wonderful family, etc. Feel free to add to the list as you see fit and don’t let anything slip past you.
- Be a know-it-all. – Remember, you are always right and know all that there is to know. In fact, you know so much, people should be coming to you too for advice.
- Focus on what you don’t have. – Forget about the things you have and focus on what you don’t have. The more you want, the better.
- Find as many opportunities to feel sorry for yourself. – If you aren’t having a pity party then why party at all?
- Keep track of all your mistakes. – The more mistakes you can count the better. As long as you keep making them and not learning from them, you will always be a failure and enjoy all a miserable life has to offer.
- Never laugh. – Ba humbug.
It isn’t that difficult to sabotage your pursuit of joy and happiness. In fact, if you follow these steps you will also damage nearly every relationship in your life. The good news is – if you want to break the cycle and live a life with meaning and purpose you merely need to do the opposite. As always, the choice is yours.