How Can I Help My Children

Submitted by Becky

I was recently divorced after 18 years of marriage. I have a 16 and 18 yo son. My ex-husband has given me full custody of our children. He does not have to be financially responsible for our children, has asked for no visitation and has basically walked out of my kids lives. How can I help them? I want them to be okay. Where do I start?

One Reply to “How Can I Help My Children”

  1. This entire situation is sad to say the least but at least your children are old enough to understand and help themselves. I would imagine if a father is going to walk away and not want to see his children anymore then there must not have been a very strong bond in the first place. I guess I would encourage you to empasize to your kids that this is not their fault and that you love them and always will. Maybe dad has some mental issues he needs to work through. Also professional counseling wouldn’t hurt or talking to a pastor at the church. Remind them that God the Father will never forsake them and they need to reach out to Him for what their dad can’t provide, love and guidance.

Comments are closed.